Celebrity

Meghan Markle Fans Are 'Furious' And Demanding Refunds After She Spends Just 30 Minutes At 'Misleading' Luxury Retreat After Charging $3K For Tickets: 'Grifters Gotta Grift'

April 23, 2026 by Maria Pierides
shefinds | Celebrity
Featured image

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s four-day trip to Australia earlier this month has been extremely controversial, with much of the backlash starting many weeks before their arrival.

One of the biggest points of criticism centered around Meghan’s women’s ‘Her Best Life’ luxury wellness retreat at the InterContinental Coogee Beach Hotel in Sydney, which was slammed for its exorbitant VIP ticket prices ranging between $1,800 to $3,200. The retreat also included a private Her Best Life podcast session, where Meghan headlined a Q&A moderated by host Gemma O’Neill.

VIP ticket holders were promised the chance to watch her speak from front row seats, as well as the chance to appear in a group photo with her. As expected, not even being able to have a solo picture with Meghan for the steep price was one of the key points of criticism. And now, the event is causing backlash again…

house unit img
The Difference Between Dragging Through Your Day And Feeling Great On Your Feet? These Arch Support Insoles
Meghan Markle Her Best Life

Meghan Markle's Wellness Retreat Ticket Holders Are Demanding Refunds

The retreat was marketed as an 'ultimate girls' weekend,' featuring a packed itinerary including yoga sessions, manifestation workshops, sound healing experiences, and a gala dinner.

It faced criticism once again after it was revealed that many tickets remained unsold. Perhaps the steep prices had something to do with it?!

 
 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Her Best Life (@herbestlifepod)

But those who did purchase tickets and attend the retreat were reportedly left fuming, as the former Suits actress allegedly spent less than 30 minutes there! (Some reports claim it was closer to two hours, but either way, critics say it wasn't long enough considering the price and what was promised!) And unsurprisingly, attendees are now demanding refunds, claiming they were mis-sold and misled about the event!

"Front desk complaints already coming in… People paid thousands for a girls' weekend with Meghan, not a short two-hour appearance. This is misleading marketing," an insider said, according to RadarOnline. "Organizers owe answers and I know some girls are asking for refunds," they added. Yikes!

 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Her Best Life (@herbestlifepod)

Guests Were 'Furious' And 'Confused'

"A friend of mine is absolutely furious," another source said, adding they were "confused as to what was happening," and thought Meghan would be present for a lot more of the event than she was.

They went on: "She paid all that money and was promised a whole weekend full of fun, food, drinks, and activities — only to find out Meghan stayed 30 minutes."

"Meghan just departed the InterContinental Coogee Beach en route to Allianz Stadium, accompanied by security. Many women are not happy!" someone else exclaimed, perhaps in reference to the With Love, Meghan star's appearance at a rugby match with Prince Harry afterwards.

Meghan Markle 2023 Variety Power of Women

Internet Reactions

"That's terrible," slammed one Instagram user, while many others said they weren't surprised. "You pay a grifter, you get a grift," wrote a second, as a third echoed: "You've been Markled, that's what you deserved for still trusting this person in 2026, should know better by now."

"Grifters gotta grift," quipped a fourth, followed by the crying laughing emoji, as a fifth concurred: "Scammer strikes again." "More fool them. Everyone knows she is a con artist," criticized a sixth.

"I should imagine 30 mins are enough with [the] narcissist!" exclaimed a seventh, as an eighth asked: "What did you expect from the narcissistic grifter extraordinaire?" "Why would anyone want to see this woman let alone fork out $3000 for a disappointing weekend?" questioned a ninth, as a tenth concluded: "Stupid people got duped."

Author:

Senior Celebrity Writer

Maria has spent the last decade writing about entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle for online and print publications all around the globe – including InStyle, OK!, and The Mirror. At SheFinds, Maria covers breaking celebrity news, red carpet looks, celebrity transformations, A-list couples, and has a watchful eye on celebrity social media accounts. You can reach her at contactmariapierides@gmail.com