Celebrity

King Charles Reportedly Has 'Washed His Hands' Of Prince Harry And Meghan Markle After They Announce Their 'Faux Royal Tour' To Australia: 'They Do What They Like Up To A Point'

March 16, 2026 by Maria Pierides
shefinds | Celebrity
Featured image

King Charles and Prince Harry may have briefly reunited at the end of last year, but it doesn’t seem like the monarch will be welcoming his son and daughter-in-law back into the royal fold any time soon. And it reportedly has something to do with their controversial overseas travels!

According to reports, the King isn’t too happy that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are continuing to take high-profile trips abroad – which many critics say they shouldn’t really be doing as non-working royal family members – and has reportedly now “washed his hands” of them. Yikes!

house unit img
The Difference Between Dragging Through Your Day And Feeling Great On Your Feet? These Arch Support Insoles
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle One Year To Go

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's Australia Tour Sparks A Lot Of Controversy

Shortly after returning from their controversial trip to Jordan, Prince Harry and Meghan announced that they would be heading to Australia next month. And critics once again slammed the couple for planning to go on  the trip, which is being described as an unofficial royal tour due to them no longer being working members of the royal family since stepping down in 2020 and moving to California.

According to their spokesperson, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to travel to Sydney and Melbourne for a series of "private, business and philanthropic engagements." One of these is reportedly a solo engagement from the former Suits actress – a girls' weekend retreat costing $2K for VIP tickets – which she is being heavily slammed for.

TalkTV host Mark Dolan asked royal commentator Ingrid Seward what she thought about their decision to go to Australia, adding: "Many criticized their faux royal tour in the Middle East a few weeks ago."

"I think they are lucky they were in the Middle East a few weeks ago and they are not there now," Seward began, in reference to the current conflict. She then explained why the couple might be keener than ever to make these trips, while also discussing where the King seemingly stands…

King Charles

King Charles Reportedly Has 'Plenty Of Other Things To Worry About'

Seward suggested the couple's international appearances are clearly part of a wider effort to stay visible, as they try to remain financially independent following Megxit.

"They are obviously trying to promote themselves and they need to keep a high profile in order to make money," she said, adding that the trips help them "raise their public profile" with audiences in places like Australia.

When asked what she thought King Charles made of their "quasi royal tour," she said: "I think the King has probably slightly washed his hands of them."

"He's got plenty of other things to worry about," she went on, which we assume is in reference to the ex-Prince Andrew fallout. "They do what they like up to a point. I think he has got more important things to worry about than what Harry and Meghan are doing at this moment," Seward added.

Author:

Senior Celebrity Writer

Maria has spent the last decade writing about entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle for online and print publications all around the globe – including InStyle, OK!, and The Mirror. At SheFinds, Maria covers breaking celebrity news, red carpet looks, celebrity transformations, A-list couples, and has a watchful eye on celebrity social media accounts. You can reach her at contactmariapierides@gmail.com